Nutritional Program for Athlete Performance Optimization
An a la carte program designed to holistically evaluate and meet athletes' individualized nutritional needs for achieving peak performance potential using an expertise in natural medicine.
Choose from one or more of the services below:
- Comprehensive medical intake. The comprehensive medical intake form includes past medical history, family medical history, current physical activity, sleep habits, and current chronic and acute symptoms. Estimated time: 2 hours.
- Diet diary. Over the span of a week, we track food intake, water, alcoholic and caffeinated drink consumption, urinary and bowel movement habits, the intensity of any chronic or acute symptoms, and emotional well-being. Estimated time: 7 days.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Profile. This series of tests assess one's complete nutritional status, including vitamins, minerals, protein, fat, and antioxidants. The profile provides valuable data that can guide in the management of disorders related to chronic stress. It measures common impacts and sources of dysfunction, contributing to the investigation of a myriad of health complaints. Estimated time: 7 days.
- Allergy Testing. By testing for food and environmental allergies, we make lifestyle shifts to reduce inflammation throughout the body. Inflammation is a way for the body to fend off harmful bacteria, viruses, and other elements that could be toxic to us. However, chronic inflammation can disrupt the immune system and trip chronic problems or disease. Estimated time: 7 days.
- Toxicity Testing. By testing for heavy metals and other toxic foreign substances in the body, we can customize a program to help the body flush these excess materials from the body. Heavy metal toxicity can produce vague symptoms that sometimes are mistaken for other chronic conditions such as Autism, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, depression, Multiple Sclerosis, and a host of other serious disorders. Estimated time: 7 days.
- Stress Hormone Testing. By measuring bioactive hormones, we assess the impact of unhealthy lifestyle habits (poor diet, inadequate exercise, insufficient sleep, lack of relaxation, and internalizing emotional stress). These sources of chronic stress that may be underlying causes of adrenal fatigue and hormone imbalance. Other common sources of chronic stress include: food sensitivities, heavy metals, environmental toxins, radiation exposure, and regular use of prescription drugs. With the results of these tests, we develop hormone therapies and lifestyle modifications to reverse acute and chronic symptoms. Estimated time: 7 days.
- Design meals. Using the test results discussed above, we design meals tailored to your body and maximized to empower you to reach your wellness and peak performance goals. Estimated time: 2 hours.
- Design meal schedule. In this session, we discuss the importance of when to eat your meals to maximize energy, strength, and weight maintenance. Estimated time: 1 hour.
- Design nutritional recharge drink. We scientifically design a drink, customized to your body and goals, to replenish your body during training and matches. Estimated time: 2 hours.
- Customize nutritional supplementation. Returning to the test assessments above, we customize additional supplements to be added to meals and drinks in order to address chronic nutritional deficiencies and ensure peak wellness and performance. Estimated time: 2 hours.